The Normandy Park Cove building is constructed on property that has a long historical tradition as a
community gathering place for NW Indians and early local settlers in the 19th century. The architecture
of the building embodies the distinctive characteristics of the mid-century modernism movement
during the 1950ís and 1960ís. The design of the Cove building melds with the site, blending Northwest
landscape with expansive windows and a hovering, protective roof line, opening up views of Puget
Sound and the Olympic Mountains.
Constructed in 1959, the Cove building is an historical landmark in the community.
Rental Requires Lot A Sponsorship
Today the Cove building is maintained as originally built but with many
modern updates. The Circle of Life patio, a new gathering area just off the deck, is now available for
outdoor wedding ceremonies. Weddings can also be conducted in front of the colorful wedding garden
just west of the Circle of Life in the meadow area. Walker Creek flows in front of the building and has
a beautiful wetland/garden landscape with hundreds of native plants to provide a natural backdrop for
wedding photos and celebrations. The building's interior decorations are minimal (a blank canvas) to
allow each renter the freedom to decorate their event as they chose.