TENNIS/PICKLEBALL ON THE COVE COURTS
The tennis and pickleball courts at the Cove are for the private use of Lot A owners and their accompanied guests only. The following guidelines have been approved by the Board of Trustees to help keep the property safe and beautiful so that EVERYONE can enjoy their time at the Cove. Please share these guidelines with your family and guests.
- Lot A owner access to the courts requires payment of the annual maintenance fee. Access code to the courts is available from the Cove Office.
- The courts are reserved using the CourtReserve application, which is available for Apple and Android phones, as well as PCs. Lot A families can contact the Cove office for registration details.
- Lot A households may reserve a court for up to two hours per household per week.
- The west court is prioritized for tennis and the east court for pickleball.
- Both east and west courts have pickleball lines and portable pickleball nets to enable up to 4 games at once. The west court pickleball nets are to be rolled back against the west fence and placed in the stationary position (not resting on the wheels) when pickleball play is finished.
- If a court has not been reserved, it is open to first come first served for either sport. If players arrive and their prioritized court is being used by the other sport (for example pickleball is being played on the west court and tennis players arrive to use the court), the players on the court have 20 minutes to vacate the court.
- When other players of the prioritized court are waiting for an unreserved court, doubles play is to yield the court within 45 minutes and singles play is to yield within 30 minutes.
- Adults over 18 have priority after 6 pm on weekdays.
- Wear only appropriate tennis shoes on the courts.
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters and bicycles are not permitted on the courts.
- Pets are not allowed on the courts.
- Notify NP police immediately if you see trespassers or witness vandalism. Also report incidents to the Cove Office.
- Commercial use of Lot A property requires Board approval.
Thank you for your help in making sure your Cove property is a safe and fun place for everyone to enjoy!
Approved by Board of Trustees motion, April 6, 2021.
Revised May 4, 2021 to show adoption of the trial parameters.
Revised September 14, 2021 to show adoption of on-line reservations.
Revised February 7, 2023.
Neil Ball, President, NPCC
Jamie Kroeger, Secretary, NPCC
NPCC COVE COURT REGISTRATION
Please complete the form below to register for the tennis/pickleball courts.
When you register your Lot A household to use the Cove courts, you (primary host) will receive a welcome e-mail from CourtReserve.com. Once you login to the member portal, you will be given instructions on how to make reservations. See the example welcome e-mail below.
Reservations take precedence over FirstComeFirstServed (walk-ons). If you can’t find your welcome e-mail or are having problems, contact the Cove office (206-242-3778 or email@example.com)
2023 SUMMER CAMP AT THE COVE
Grab your tennis racket and get ready to play! Whether you're a beginner, an intermediate or an advanced player, this program will improve your game and help you get more enjoyment from tennis.
Steve Walters, USPTA/PTR Tennis Professional and lifelong Normandy Park resident breaks down the fundamental skills of tennis through easily understood games and exercises to help improve the athlete's overall coordination and technique. Players learn proper grips, footwork, strokes, volleys and serves during a series of drills designed to teach skills in a fun way.
Camps will be held weekly (Monday- Thursday), from June 26- August 10. Class sizes are small to guarantee professional instruction. Your child must wear proper athletic attire and have a racquet. We will not allow swimsuit and flip flop type attire. We recommend bringing a water bottle, hat, and sunscreen along with your racquet. Rainouts will be refunded.
Team Level 2 & 3 is for players that are intermediate or above. We will place the student in the appropriate level.
Registration open on June 1st. Lot A members will get priority prior to June 15th and a discount.
Contact Information: Steve Walters - Phone: (253) 486-2220 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Mailed To: Steve Walters, 240 SW 184th Street, Normandy Park, WA 98166
The SE Court is reserved for drop-in pickleball on Sundays from 1pm - 3pm to encourage beginners to try it out.
Just show up. Paddles & balls will be available.
The SE Court is also reserved from 3pm - 5pm on Sunday for experienced players for drop-in play.
New drop-in pickleball times: the SE Court is now also reserved on Tuesday & Thursday from 1pm - 3pm.
NPCC Tennis/Pickleball Committee (02/05/23)
TENNIS/PICKLEBALL COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|Gene Swansiger (Chair)||Pickleball|
|Neil Ball (Board President)||Pickleball|